What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that is stored on your computer, smartphone or any other device with browsing information.
Cookies help improve the website’s quality, enabling it to be determined which pages are useful, which are not and which can be improved.
Cookies are essential for Internet operation, as they offer innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services and make our website easier to browse and use.
In no case are cookies harmful for your device. On the contrary, among other uses, they help identify and resolve errors.
What types of cookies are there?
Depending on the organisation that manages them:
- First-party cookies: These are sent to your terminal from a proprietary device or domain from which the service or information requested by you is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to your terminal from a device or domain that is managed by another organisation that processes the data obtained by the cookies (social media, search engines…). If the cookies are installed from a proprietary device or domain but the information collected is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered first-party cookies.
Depending on how long they remain enabled:
- Session cookies: These are cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that it is only wished to keep for the time required to provide the service requested on a single occasion. In the long run, they enable a better experience to be provided by improving the content and making the site easier to use.
- Persistent cookies: These are cookies in which the data remain stored in the terminal and may be accessed and processed during a period defined by the cookie manager.
Depending on their purpose:
- Technical cookies: These are cookies that allow you to browse a website, platform or application and use the various options or services available on it, for example, monitor data traffic and communication, identify the session, access restricted-access parts.
- Customisation cookies: These are cookies that allow you to access the service with certain general features that have been predefined on your terminal on the basis of a series of criteria, for example, the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the regional settings from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are cookies that enable the cookie manager to monitor and analyse users’ behaviour on the websites to which they are linked. The information obtained by this type of cookie is used to measure activity on the website, application or platform and to generate browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, with the goal of making improvements based on the analysis of the use made by the service’s users.
- Advertising cookies: These are cookies that enable optimal management of the advertisements that have been included in the website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the published content or the frequency with which the advertisements are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These are cookies that enable optimal management of the advertisements that have been included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information about the users’ behaviour obtained through continued observation of their browsing habits, enabling development of a specific profile for displaying targeted advertising.
How can you change the settings or disable cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your device by setting the options of your Internet browser. If you do not allow cookies to be installed on your browser, you may not be able to access some of the services and your experience on our website may be less satisfactory.
We explain below the procedure to be followed to set or disable cookies, depending on the browser you use:
- Internet Explorer: You will find information at this link.
- Firefox: You will find information at this link.
- Chrome: You will find information at this link.
- Safari: You will find information at this link.
- Opera: You will find information at this link.
By browsing and staying on our website, you are consenting to use of these cookies, in accordance with the terms defined in this Cookies Policy.